History of Asian Yoga Federation
Yoga is the best art and science of life mankind ever had in it’s history. Yoga has a significant role to play in the healthy growth of body and mind, especially in this age of mounting stress and strain. Because of its manifold benefits, yoga is gaining worldwide recognition. But to give impetus to any programme, some platform is required. Therefore, for the preservation and expansion of yoga, the great ancient culture, art and indigenous sports of glorious Indian, an organisation was required to be constituted at Asian level. In view to the realisation of that aim, the Asian Yoga Federation came into existence.
The Aims and Objectives of the formation of the Asian Yoga Federation:
- To promote, encourage, popularise and supervise Yoga in the Asian countries.
- To encourage the formation of National Yoga Federations in the different countries of Asia.
- To arrange and supervise the Asian Yoga Championships in Asian countries.
- To organise Yoga seminars, workshops and refresher courses in Asian countries.
- To assist the National Yoga Federation of Asian Countries to conduct the National Yoga Championship of their country.
- To conduct the Yoga Referee Examination.
- To provide the services of Yoga Instructor as and when required by the different Asian countries for the propagation of Yoga.
- To perform all such other acts as may seem to the Federation to be relevant and conducive to the attainment of the aims and objectives of the Federation.
Hence, Asian Yoga Federation was formed and is an affiliated member to the International Federation of Yoga Sports, and today it’s members are growing. The affiliated units are as below: